JOB OPENING: PAGE
Job Description: The library page is responsible for sorting, organizing, and returning materials to the proper place on the shelf. The page will assist in working on the front desk and attending to patron requests. Basic computer skills are required and excellent interpersonal skills. The position includes some heavy lifting. Part time and entry level.
Library Page Responsibilities:
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
- Helping customers locate books and other materials.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Registering new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
- Assisting customers with basic computer help.
- Processing books: covering, stamping, and placing stickers on them.
- Managing inquiries on the front desk or over the phone.
- Making copies and faxes.
Library Page Requirements:
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Ability to alphabetize and organize materials according to the Dewey Decimal System.
- Some experience in a customer service role.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving ability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift heavy materials.